Puppets

This month Stephanie picked our project and while it was a bit time consuming the results were adorable. We made a set of Old MacDonald puppets with the free patterns found here.. I used the patterns for the main body parts, the ears, and few of the other things I couldn’t very well free hand like the cow spots and feathers. I have a few tips for this if you want them e-mail me or leave a comment I don’t want to bore everyone with the details. I followed her ideas with a few minor touches of my own, here is how mine turned out.

20130228-153906.jpg

20130228-153921.jpg

20130228-153933.jpg

20130228-153952.jpg
This is my 3rd solo sewing project so I am very much a beginner, anyone can sew these. I think my favorite one is the horse and the one I would like to change is the sheep. The most important thing is Ellery thinks they are pretty awesome!

Market Tote

The first installment of sewing with Steph I got to choose the project. I probably bit off a little more than I could feasibly do well, but I’m happy with how it turned out. I picked the market tote from the book 1,2,3, Sew. I unfortunately do not have a good picture of Stephanie’s project, but I am guessing she’ll have a post up in the next few days over on her blog.

Here is what the picture in the book looked like:

20130131-210309.jpg

And here is how mine turned out:

20130131-210358.jpg

I used leftover fabric from Elle’s nursery so I spent a whopping $2 on this entire project. I am loving this challenge!! I cannot wait to show you what we are doing for February, I’m having a hard time containing myself.