So this little activity has been going around facebook, but I thought I’d put this on here for the family members who have not yet joined facebook! Enjoy getting to know me better!
1. I want to visit all 50 states and 6 of the 7 continents….I hate the cold, Antarctica is OUT! I haven’t gotten very far. I have 30 states left and 5 continents! Also in order for a state to count I have to see something there, and spend the night.
2. I hate cold weather, I used to love it until I went to college and had to walk to class, now I loathe it on a daily basis.
3. The thing I am most excited about I also dread the most. I am so excited to move someplace totally different with Andrew and have a life with him there. At the same time I dread leaving my parents, friends, church, and everything familiar.
4. I LOVE KIDS! Yet I fear on a daily basis actually having them anytime in the near future. I want to be selfish for at least another 4 years. Once you have kids that whole selfish thing flies out the window.
5. I must adopt. God put this desire on my heart 5 years ago and I can’t let it go. I have so much love to give and there are tons of kids out there ready to receive it. At the same time I received this desire to adopt I lost the desire to birth children. Perhaps this is God’s way of preparing me for something I am still unaware of.
6. After the 1st day of Kindergarten I have wanted to be a teacher…I don’t think I’ll feel fulfilled in life until I have at least one classroom, even if it’s only for a year. Teaching is not just a job its a calling.
7. I am incredibly afraid of tornadoes. I have had this fear since I can remember and no matter how hard I pray during these times I typically have panic attacks. I hope this goes away before I become a mother! YIKES!
8. Andrew is the best representation of God’s faithfulness in my life. I prayed to have a teamate for life and Andrew fit every thing I wanted, even the things I thought were superficial and stupid…God gave me what I wanted even though I am completely undeserving!
9. I’ve had the same Best Friend for 15 years. She has seen me through everything and I know she will be my lifelong friend. I was honored that she stood beside me as I married the man of my dreams and I can’t wait until I get to do the same for her on May 9th!
10. I love my family and I enjoy spending time with them. I look forward to becoming an Aunt in March/April!
Now for some silly stuff 🙂
11. I hate peas, they smell and taste awful!
12. I have major issues with textures, not so much in food, but in fabrics!
13. I love to shop… dressy clothes are my favorite thing to purchase.
14. I love a good bargain, I try to stick to Stacey and Clinton’s rule, “It isn’t a bargain unless it looks good on you and you would have liked it even if it was full price.”
15. My favorite meal is meatloaf, if you don’t know why, you should try my mom’s!
16. I always loved Mondays since I was a kid. I always had my homework done on Monday’s because I had the whole weekend to prepare. I still like Monday’s, but now it is because it’s my day off!
17. I love watching the Biggest Loser! I am inspired every season by the contestants.
18. I don’t really like the beach, Sand in my nails and in my shoes is the worst feeling…once again it’s a texture thing.
19. Ironically some of my favorite honeymoon memories took place at the beach. Moonlight walks on the beach top laying out in the heat any day of the week!
20. I love to travel, I hate to fly. Cruises are my favorite form of travel transportation.
5 to go I guess I’ll put a few more serious ones. That’s what is coming to mind!
21. Since I was a little kid I’ve known that I will not settle for a mediocre existence. I don’t exactly know what this is going to look like, but I know it is going to involve faith and risks.
22. My biggest fear right now is going into debt. Something about debt scares me beyond most other things!
23. I learned very quickly that marriage in the movies and marriage in real life are radically different things. Partially because in real life the love is real. Real love is so much better than the romantic type from the movies, but it’s a lot more work!
24. I love people, I have a passion for them and I want to live my life loving the unloved!
25. The best decisions I have ever made: Choosing to genuinely follow Jesus, marrying Andrew, and surrounding myself with wonderful friends…in that order!