Andrew and I had a wonderful weekend. It was actually surprisingly great considering we were both super busy. Andrew had class Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I taught a class Saturday morning and was on for worship for 3 services at church and then I worked 12:30 to 5:00 at Bella. Here are a few highlights:
1. Friday night Andrew went for drinks with some friends from class so I was able to get dolled up without him being home…this is my favorite because it feels like we are actually going on a real date.
2. We went to Jupiter’s and they messed up our food so they had to remake it. This resulted in us waiting an hour longer than expected, but a FREE MEAL. Yeah that was pretty sweet that date night was free. And the extended time of us sitting there caused us to talk more and we actually had some good conversations.
3. Due to date night being so cheap we decided we could spend that money and go on another date on Saturday afternoon, yep that’s right 2 dates in 1 weekend…heaven!
4. We went to my old high school for me to participate in the dedication of the Aldridge Auditorium and it was delightful to be a part of it.
5. We went out for our friend’s 21st birthday and the party started at 11:45, usually we are getting to bed by then, but we thought hey, why not. We ended up having a great time and staying out past 1AM. As we were walking to our car I turned to Andrew and said, “Man I feel young again and I love it.” I think we are going to try to do this more often.
6. Baptism Sunday is one of my favorites and that’s what we had today and I had a front row seat. After service I went to work and had a great time with all the ladies.
7. When I got home Andrew was at the grocery store getting dinner so I got to do some chores to get ready for the week. After dinner we took a walk and then came home and started watching…you guessed it…LOST!
8. I fell in love all over again this weekend. I never fell out of love with Andrew, but this weekend my heart grew bigger for him. I’m not even really sure why, but it feels really nice. I feel like Will Ferrel on Elf when he runs into his dad’s office and says, “I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it!” What a difference a weekend can make.
I truly hope that your weekend was rejuvenating…back to reality tomorrow!