Do you ever dread something so bad that when it finally happens it’s not nearly as bad as you anticipated? That’s been my/our life the past few weeks. A lot of the time it’s over silly little things here are some things I’ve dreaded:
1. I HATE calling to get things fixed on a credit card bill, order something, trouble shoot a website, etc. Recently every time I’ve called anyone for assistance they’ve been helpful and nice about helping me….well all but 2 people yesterday, but that’s a whole other post.
2. I had an issue with being able to charge a credit card for a Thirty-One party and I was dreading calling someone to say their credit card was declined. I figured it was my error that I hadn’t written something down correctly, but I just felt stupid admitting that, so I put off calling for a day. Tonight I bit the bullet and called and sure enough I had the wrong expiration date…it was such an easy fix and the customer was so nice about it that I felt silly for even thinking twice about it.
3. I have been dreading work lately, it seems like every time I go in it’s better than expected and I leave thinking…hmm for work that’s not such a bad gig.
4. We have been anxiously awaiting news about Andrew’s job and I’ve played out the worst case scenarios in my head. Especially the worst case scenario if he didn’t get the job. When we found out today that they offered the position to someone else, surprisingly Andrew and I are doing OK. I mean sure we wanted this job so bad, but after 10 weeks of processing we are relieved to have an answer and are reminded that God is So GOOD. His timing is perfect. One way I know this is that this morning my mentor friend casually asked if I could go to lunch today and I said “eh I dunno I’m really busy”, she pushed a little more and I figured out a way to make it work. On my way to lunch Andrew called me to tell me the news. I spent the next 2 hours processing the news and trying to navigate the next step. I’m so thankful that He planned my day knowing exactly what I needed even if I didn’t know what I needed.
I will say I am dreading the next step in the process, at this point we don’t even know what it is. But just as most things turn out so much better than you expect I hope that this follows suit. We appreciate your prayers as we try to figure out what in the world God wants for us! We are willing and open to do whatever.
Just wanted to let you know that I didn’t get the job we were telling you about. They went with a candidate having more field experience, which isn’t terribly surprising (who wants an academic messing with business?). They did stress that I fared very well in the interviews, and they were quite impressed with me. They may ask me back to discuss other opportunities with their company. We’ll see where this goes!
I weighed myself this morning…. OH MY WORD. I have gained back every single solitary pound I lost last year! YIKES! I was this exact weight on our 1st anniversary and I of course told Andrew I was never going back to this size. It took me 6 months to get to my goal weight, then I maintained for at least 4 months. I could tell I had gained a few pounds and then in the last month I’ve packed on AT LEAST 10 pounds and I could totally tell without even weighing myself because all my clothes fit funky again. I could shoot myself, but instead I’m giving up sweets except once a week and I’m walking hopefully everyday, but at least 5 times a week. I don’t plan to go on any of those crazy diets I’ve done in the past and I really don’t plan to change my eating much at this point….except the daily intake of sweets. Oh and I hate to say it, but I think I’m going to give up diet coke except on the weekends. My master plan is to start training again for a 5K come September 1st…I’m looking for one in November, anybody know of one around here?
People say they can’t really tell I’ve gained weight and truth be told I gained it totally different this time around…it’s not SO MUCH in my face like last time and I’ll be honest I’ve gained it in my tush which I definitely can’t complain about. I apologize to all you readers that will be tempted to look at my booty now! Anyway, not complaining, it’s 100% my fault, I’ve been stress eating like crazy the past month and I have no one to blame but me. I just wanted to record it on here so next time you see me you can tell me to step away from the chocolate cake 🙂
Where everything goes your way? Well that’s been my day. I clocked 5 hours at work this morning then I set off to accomplish my to do list. Here goes the series of great things that went my way.
1. I came home and made myself a sandwich and watched an episode of Pushing Daises.
2. I took all our loose change to the bank and cashed it in for $24 cold hard cash.
3. Then I spent the next 30 minutes spending all but 2 dollars, but with that I got mailing envelopes and mailed a gift to my sweet niece in MA, bought our meds and 2 2 liters of Diet coke and coke zero AND a 3 pack of gum all on sale.
4. I dropped off more clothes at Karen’s Closet and they took all but one piece.
5. I called the Thirty-One home office (which I have been dreading) and they were SUPER friendly and fixed the issue on the spot…I should have called last week. I thought it was funny that a man was working at the home office, but he definitely knew what he was doing.
6. I found my “lost” work folder…ok it was on my desk pretty much where it should have been, but I couldn’t find it and was thrilled to have it back.
7. Andrew has e-mailed me a couple times today just to check in, that’s been really nice.
I’m not going to lie I’m hoping this is just a foreshadowing of tomorrow where hopefully everything will go “Andrew’s Way” Please remember to pray for him at NOON tomorrow.
Well I’m off to the vineyard to assist in the passing out of 733 backpacks…should be fun!
I have exactly 15 minutes before I need to move on to the next activity of the day! So here it goes.
1. Tuesday is Andrew’s 3rd interview with the Chem company. Please be praying for him at noon. We are hopeful about this position as he would love it and it would relocate us to Peoria which is where we want to be by next year.
2. I’m enjoying being back at Bella 20 hours a week, but it definitely is time consuming to have several jobs and have to run around to the different places.
3. Thirty-One has been going pretty well. I have a party on Tuesday night and had one last Thursday.
4. This past week we had a party for our friends that have recently graduated from their respective career programs.
5. I have begun the daunting task of packing…yes I know we don’t know when we will be relocating, but I have a good feeling that it will be soon and I like to be prepared. I took down our Campbell letters from above our sink and it was the 1st time that it really sunk in that this would someday not be our apartment. It was sad.
6. I was elated to find out that Pushing Daisies has a season 2, in fact I’m watching it right now.
7. Tomorrow is our Back to School Blast at the Vineyard where we will give away 500 backpacks to children in the community who aren’t able to purchase them. It should be a fun/crazy evening.
8. Andrew has been working LONG days trying to finish up his dissertation. Like 10 hour days! We both worked Saturday and Sunday this week, but I’m thankful we have the opportunity to work and make money/get things done. I am, however, looking forward to having more time with AC soon.
We hope this post find each of you enjoying life and we hope to someday soon have time to keep you better updated about our life. We’ll let you know as soon as we do about Andrew’s job!
This past Sunday and Monday Andrew and I got away for our 2nd anniversary trip. When people ask us if we can believe it’s already been 2 years we both kind of chuckle and say, “well actually it feels like it’s been a lot longer than that.” There are many reasons we feel that way, but that’s for another post another day. This post is to serve as a little scrap book of our trip because if you’ve every met me you know that I will not be a scrap booker…clutter much? So here is a very short recap of our lovely trip. Sorry for the horrible picture quality…our cameras are ancient!
Our room at the Speckled Hen Inn. It was a very nice place to stay if you ever want to get away to Madison we would definitely recommend staying here. It was a llama farm, how cool is that?
This was the restaurant we ate at called Fresco, it's on top of the Museum of Contemporary Art. Very neat, good food and it's mostly local stuff. Pricey, but I'd say it's worth it.
Here we are on the roof of the Museum overlooking Madison...still shocked by the blonde when I see pictures.
The state capital was gorgeous, I kept commenting to Andrew that they must have spent a fortune and he kept reminding me that it was probably built hundreds of years ago.
We also went and saw Inception which was entertaining to say the least. We went to The Old Fashioned for lunch on Capital Square…would recommend the cheese curds, but only if you have a steel stomach, stopped by Candinas and got a couple chocolates and enjoyed a cupcake at the Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery. This trip was definitely worth the 4 hour drive and I came back feeling SO refreshed and more loved than ever.
I’m slowly digging myself out of the hole I made of jobs. I got a bit buried in trying to do too many things and realized I wasn’t being excellent at any of them. As you know I hate the idea of having just one full time job, but I went way to the other side of crazy with having 5 part time jobs. This past weekend I completed 2 weddings (1 real, 1 silk) and now I have ONE wedding left on my schedule this year in October. I call it 3.5 jobs because I have almost finished the challenging part of the flowers (the planning) and once that is complete I’ll coast for a month or so till I order the flowers and then work hard one weekend and then I’ll be down to 3 jobs(or a lot less depending on the Andrew job situation). This week I officially started back at Bella working 20 hours a week, prior to this I worked on an as needed basis. Once again if you haven’t stopped into Bella you really should it’s quite the destination for Champaign, located on Neil near the corner of Kirby. Oh and one more thing, I finished up my fashion challenge with a giveaway, be sure to enter if you want to win a litte something!