Halloween is not my least favorite holiday, but it’s not my favorite either. I’m ok with it as long as I don’t have to spend a lot of money to get a costume. I had this sweater and skirt from highschool when I went as Velma for Hollywood Day with friends. I went out for 1 hour and spent $10 and here is what I came up with. Our party Friday night was a lot of fun, we danced the night away!
I apologize for the lack of posts this week. I just don’t have much to talk about. I’m working 50 hours this week between my 2.5 jobs. I’m interviewing a potential replacement for my job at the painting company. Even though we don’t know when or where we are going it just feels like the right time to start transitioning out. I’ve had some killer 31 parties this month. People are buying more than ever with the holidays coming up so if you have been thinking about having a party now is the time to do so! Andrew is working diligently on his dissertation and will have the committee version done today, he defends one week from today!!! Life is interesting right now, but it’s good, I think we are both in a good place mentally…I think so at least! Well my account is messed up and I can’t see what I’m typing so I better get off here!
So I was talking with someone from work who smoked for 15 years. One day she got annoyed with this guy that always went out for a smoke with her so she decided to give it up. According to her (and I believe her) she was a chain smoker, so giving up wasn’t looking to be the easiest thing. She made a decision that she would allow herself one cigarette per month. That way if she really craved it she could have one, but she would use that one cigarette really wisely. I thought this was crazy UNTIL I started this whole sweets once per week thing.
This new sweets system is amazing. It’s so much better than not getting to have them at all. This way if I go to a party or a weekend away I can have sweets that day. It makes me think hard before I decide to eat something. I haven’t been tempted one time by the ice cream in my freezer and that used to be my nightly friend. Now when I look at the ice cream I think, “do I REALLY want that to be my cheat?” The answer so far has been no. Oh AND I’m allowing myself to drink diet coke in a restaurant if they have caffeine free. So far I’ve only cheated that rule ONCE on my sweets day so I can’t say that was a total cheat. Most places don’t have caffeine free so I’ve only had a few sodas since turning 25. Still not losing any weight, but I have gained more self esteem and self control.
This song is seriously touching my heart and I’m feeling like she wrote this song specifically to express how I feel. Wishing I knew how to put a popout in here, sorry you’ll have to click on the link!
That’s where I’ve been visiting every hour the last few days. I haven’t been sick, rather I’ve been drinking A LOT of water. WAY more than usual. Since giving up Diet Coke just a few days ago I purchased this cup to make it feel more like I’m drinking a soda. So far, so good, I’m just taking that part day by day… still haven’t decided if I’m giving it up this year or not. I do feel a whole lot better physically when I’m not drinking it, except I’m a little more tired than usual. Ladies and Gents let me introduce you to the Copco Cold Beverage cup, in bright orange of course!
Two days ago I announced that I would be cutting WAY back on sweets this year (so far so good) and today I woke up, opened my e-mail and what do you know I had a coupon for a free dessert at Houlihan’s to celebrate my anniversary with their “club.” Coincidence…I think not 🙂
So I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t having a hard time with turning 25. I know it’s silly, big whoop, 25, but I really had a hard time with this one. To make turning 25 a little more fun I decided to compile a list of 25 things I’d like to do in my 25th year of life. Some of these are serious things, others are just fun. Here goes nothing…
1. Do my hair regularly
2. Take a real vacation with Andrew…this means no family, not Mass, Texas, or Illinois.
3.Watch 10 iconic movies: Gone with the Wind, Grapes of Wrath, A Hitchcock film, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Beaches, 16 Candles, Fame, Casablanca, Meet Me in St. Louis, & Bonnie and Clyde.
4. Read Enneagram
5. Purchase a house
6. Go on a mini shopping spree (like spend a couple hundred dollars in one place)
7. Break a rule (not sure what, but this should be interesting)
8. Rebuild relationships that I have lost
9. Go an entire year only eating sweets once per week…this will be the hardest one I think
10. Pay for someone’s meal anonymously that I don’t know, just because it’s nice
11. Impact someone’s life in a positive way.
12. Resurrect my fashion blog
13. Host a themed dinner party
14. Take more pictures
15. Grow my hair out long again
16. Catalog the clothes in my closet
17. Learn how to download songs from itunes and make playlists
18. Stop wearing glasses (could happen through miraculous healing, lasik, or finding contacts that work)
19. Learn to ski, either water or snow
20. Don’t go to McDonalds for the entire year! I think this will include Diet Coke.
21. Run a 5K.
22. Go away for the weekend with my mom (we didn’t get our trip this year and I missed it)
23. Keep a journal (even if it’s just online, write in it at least once per week, this blog doesn’t count)
24. Learn how to make some of my mom’s specialty recipes (starting with Mac and Cheese and Cinnamon Apple Jello)
25. Make a promise to myself and keep it, and don’t tell anyone (even Andrew) until I turn 26.