Except not really the fun kind. The kind where your day has a lot of highs and lows. Yesterday I had some things I wanted to accomplish on my to do list and I had the day off so I thought, no problem! I had an appointment scheduled for my new OBGYN, never a fun appointment, but I’ve committed to going once a year no matter how much I don’t want to. I felt sick about it all morning, I don’t like new experiences and I don’t do very well with doctors. I found my way out to the hospital/clinic and when I pulled up I was delighted at how non busy, new and nice this place was. I thought Carle was fantastic when I lived in C-U, but I gotta say this place tops Carle! It’s brand new and I was literally the only person in the waiting room! I met my new doc and I absolutely LOVED HER!! I never thought my last doctor could be topped, but she is my new favorite doctor of all time. Then I headed to the DMV to get our long overdue driver’s licenses. Andrew laid everything out for me the night before so I was hoping to have a smooth day. When I walked in there were 30 people waiting…that’s not an exaggeration, it was so crowded there were people standing and the line just to get a number was to the door…I got up to get my number and I was missing one piece or paper…Texas is frustrating when it comes to motor vehicles, every step of this process has been time consuming and confusing! So to treat myself for not being able to get that task done I ran in to hobby lobby to see what was on sale. The item I needed to complete our door mirror was half off and then in the 90% off section I found a framed cork board for $4. I have an almost full can of spray paint that will fix this thing right up and we can hang it in our freshly painted office. When I got to the check out she said, “Well you got the deal of the day!” I went home and searched through our files and found the missing paperwork (yay!) so I didn’t have to go sit at the other office in order to get a duplicate. Then I began ironing the large stack of clean clothes (this is my least favorite house task), but it was quite of bit of Andrew’s work clothes that I know he needed so I took care of that. Then for another high point we went to Bryan and Amanda’s and had dinner with them and Hudson, played dominoes and ate brownies and ice cream. Unfortunately when we got in the car the evening took a turn for the worst and after a discussion with the hubs we both went to bed unhappy (not angry or upset with one another, just unhappy). So here’s to a more even keel Tuesday! There were other things in there like, not being able to find an insurance card, having to go back to get blood work because you can’t eat beforehand, not being able to schedule necessary appointments, etc. but I’ve already bored you with enough details! Today is off to a good start and I plan to keep it that way!
Sorry it’s so late AGAIN! I haven’t been presentable enough the last couple nights to record this! CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO! Again check out Bex, A Style Diary to see everyone’s (she got some really fun glasses this week)!
Great book, even if you don’t have or don’t want kids this book really is for everyone.
I’ve been feeling homesick lately. Sometimes I think to myself, “I’m ready to go home now.” Then it hits me, the realization that I am home, this is our home and I can’t go back. I haven’t shed any tears over this as I’m not really a tear shedding sort of gal, but I’ve been in an itty bitty funk lately which got me thinking, what do I really miss about home? Turns out besides a few of my friendships and my parents (and their house) almost everything I miss doesn’t exist anymore.
- I’m homesick for Godsearch. Meeting with 150 young adults to worship and pray together. Seeing amazing healing happen and feeling super empowered. But Godsearch as we know is long gone, I missed it even when we still lived in CU.
- Late night chats with Jenna in our apartment. Sharing life’s frustrations, dreaming of the future and diving deep into our lives. She’s moving to CO in October and life just wouldn’t be the same there after that.
- Working with Pam. Leading worship for HJ, serving the single moms and their kids, praying for people, and being challenged to grow up and be a woman of the Lord. While Pam is still there and I know I’d still be challenged by her, I miss the daily dose of her!
- Thursday dinners with B&T and other people. Sharing our stories of the past and our visions for the future. Those were some of the richest times of our married life. They’ve all moved on and if we lived in CU we’d be longing even more to join them.
- Our apartment. It was our first home and it was so warm and cozy. Also after the first week of living there we never did one bit of “home improvement” and now that has become our weekend life. But at this time in our life I’m sure we’d be itching for a bigger place and we’d be moving anyway.
- Bella…I can’t say that this would be different as I just don’t know what it’s like there anymore, but I do miss getting dressed everyday for work and I REALLY miss spending my days with a group of women. I do know it is changing though as Brianne moves on to pursue a dream, I really enjoyed working with her and I’m SO excited for her next adventure!
Every time I bake, I think “hmm wouldn’t it be nice to have a batter pourer so I can get the cupcakes/muffins even and not make a mess?” While playing around on Pinterest I FOUND IT. This is shooting to the top of my birthday/Christmas list
As some of you know Andrew and I are trying to be more chemically free. Pesticide and Hormone free foods are extremely easy to come by in Austin and are only slightly more expensive. To be honest it’s hard to find non-natural poultry in our meat departments. It started with me giving up of diet coke which has gone extremely well and now it’s seeping into other parts of our life. I bought Almond Milk this week and surprisingly I really like it, we might be making the switch to this instead of cows milk considering dairy has never been super friendly to us anyway. My grocery budget will not allow for me to buy all organic so when I’ve talked to my organic friends and asked them where to begin they have directed me to the dirty dozen list. I have found this helpful and I’ve had a few people ask me to share what the list contains. Here is where I found this particular list.
12 Most Contaminated
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Grapes (Imported)
12 Least Contaminated
- Sweet Corn (Frozen)
- Sweet Peas (Frozen)
- Kiwi Fruit
I know I’m really late, but I wasn’t in a good mood until around dinner time and then we had people over so I didn’t record this until really late when I was pretty slap happy…enjoy. CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO. There are house images in this one for those of you who have been asking for more house pictures. As always check out the other latelies on Bex, A Style Diary.
This weekend I had many realizations.
1. We are SO SPOILED with our bed. We are the lucky owners of a King Size Four Seasons Sterns and Foster bed. This is reportedly one of the best beds on the market besides the temperpedic and it isn’t until I sleep on another bed that I realize how good we have it: READ- We tossed and turned for both nights in the hotel bed.
2. The gulf shore and the atlantic or pacific shore are different things. The gulf is not very beautiful and there are lots of “interesting” people vacationing at Port Aransas.
3. Some of the best food can be found at the dive restaurants. We had sandwiches at a place called the moondog which looked very sketchy and had a mediocre atmosphere, but the chicken sandwiches was for real one of the best I’ve ever had in my life.
4. Pecan Pralines and my tummy are not friends. My mouth and pecan pralines are besties though!
5. I am married to a nice man. I always knew this, but going out and seeing other married couples really highlights this for me. There was a man being mean to his wife at one of the restaurants on our vacation and I ached for her because I could tell she was used to the abuse.
6. My BFF will be that very things until the day we exit the World and I appreciate her so much! The distance has not hurt us, but it’s very hard! She wrote a sweet post today over on her BLOG.
7. I am becoming an introvert, is that even possible? Usually I crave being around people, but I am finding that my alone time is extremely refreshing. I think people might start calling me Laura the Loner pretty soon.
8. Andrew is as crazy about Hudson as I am…I didn’t think this was possible, but we didn’t see H this weekend and Andrew has brought him up in one way or another everyday. I love that he loves him, they are so stinking cute together!
9. I am just now starting to get a little homesick. We’ve lived here for nine months and I’ve been doing pretty good, but for some reason it has hit me in the past couple weeks that THIS is my home and that, my friends, has not been a pretty realization. It’ll get better, I FaceTimed with my mom and dad last night and talked to Stephanie while I grocery shopped and that seemed to help a lot.
10. My mom said, “see you in 5 weeks” last night and that’s when it hit me that I will be 26 in 5 weeks, YIKES, I’m SO NOT READY and my list isn’t even close to complete!
So this weekend I realized I was almost out of hair product. I love Victoria’s Secret hair products, but they are a bit pricey for our budget. I toyed with the idea of just settling on using Andrew’s Garnier Fructis. Then I started to feel sad about it because we are going on our anniversary trip this coming weekend and I really wanted “my smell” for our special trip. So I shot up a little prayer and asked God to send me one of those $10 off coupons so I could get my shampoo. Low and behold it arrived on Monday!!! I was so excited that I can go today, get my free undies and $10 off my hair products. God is so good to me and his timing is impeccable. The funny thing is I, Laura Campbell, do not get the coupons the mysterious Andrea Campbell gets them…she followed us from Champaign! Yeah yeah I know a lot of people got these this week, but I choose to see God working in my life constantly and this is one of the ways I see him blessing us…think what you want, but keep it to yourself.
I decided after two weeks of not posting one single time on my “fashion blog” I would consolidate the blogs and continue with the couple things I like to do. So from now on you will be seeing Thursday latelies on this blog instead of the other one. This will save time for the people who were checking both blogs. Also I will try on Tuesdays to post something either clothing of house related, maybe now I’ll post some house pictures like I’ve been promising! For those of you who don’t know Thursday latelies is a video blog where I share things that have been bringing me joy all week. So if you want to watch the VLOG CLICK RIGHT HERE!!! Also check out Bex, A Style Diary to see all the other latelies.
If you are joining me on this site for the first time this is the blog that chronicles our life. You can expect a hodgepodge of posts. Whatever I’m thinking about I write about so if you are looking for a themed blog you have come to the wrong place. We’d love for you to stick around and get to know us!
Today we’ve been married for 3 years. When people ask us if it feels like it’s been 3 whole years we look at each other, chuckle, and say it feels like it’s been a lot longer. Here is our 3 years in recap in no particular order… We’ve lived in 2 cities. Purchased our first home. Lived with family. Dreamed together. Grieved the loss of dreams. Battled crazy depression. Received incredible healing. Had 7 jobs between the two of us. Started a side wedding flower business. Ended said flower business. Became an aunt and uncle twice. Fought. Laughed a lot. Looked for a job for almost a year. Finished a PhD in Chemistry. Grew and left an amazing small group. Started a new group in Austin. Traveled: Martha’s Vineyard, Boston, Raynham, St.Louis, Madison, Somewhere in Michigan, Somewhere in Wisconsin. Supported each other. Started and finished Lost, Battlestar, Everwood, 24, and Friday Night Lights. Gained weight. Lost weight. Gained it all back again. Prayed together. Confronted issues. Worked on said issues, alot. Became absolute best friends.